Monday, January 21, 2013

Rock Harder: Julianne Hough in Rock Of Ages

There's something about big hair and denim jackets that make me nostalgic.

Rock Of Ages was a massive disappointment. This film basically made me cringe at every song that I love most in the world. It took a beautiful, exciting time in history, and made it seem boring. Shame on you.

On the other hand, I did quite enjoy Julianne Hough's wardrobe, though I felt it was a little subdued. Dude, this was the '80s! And it's not set in any boring old place in middle America either - this was supposed to be 1987 in the City of Angels; a place where bands like Mötley Crüe and Guns N' Roses got their start. A time when girls and guys could basically look and dress the same, as long as they wore band t-shirts and had big hair. What a magical time.

But back to reality for a second: if you have the opportunity to go over the top (and believe me, this was the chance), why not take it a little too far?  

However.

The little outfit that Sherrie (or Julianne) wears whilst she is a stripper, dancing around with Stacee Jaxx (or Tom Cruise) to Rock You Like A Hurricane, is quite believable. She looks like an 80's stripper in L.A., with massive curly hair. Respect.

This film has inspired me to wear more leopard-print and denim skirts. For that, I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was it stylish for you?