Monday, January 14, 2013

The Dark Approach: Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook

I never realized that I dress like a widow.


May I just say how much I appreciate a wardrobe which almost exclusively consists of black clothes? I know her character is a widow, and traditionally widows wear black, but I like to think that even before her husband's death, she only wore black. I like to think she's cool like that.

I had no expectations for this film. I know it's been nominated for an Oscar, but come on. Even after seeing it (and I loved it), I don't think it's Academy Award-worthy.

What is worthy of some kind of statue though, is Jennifer Lawrence's clothes. Even the clothes that she wears to run and dance in. Love it. Love all of it.

Plus, that amazing trench coat she wears throughout pretty much the entire film is a killer. I feel like this character is my real-life Style Soul Sister (as opposed to my ideal-life Style Soul Sisters, which is a very long list of characters).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was it stylish for you?