Saturday, May 18, 2013

Psycho Chic: Maggie Gyllenhaal in Secretary

A leather collar is often the perfect accessory for office-wear. 


I've always thought that Secretary (2002) is a strange film. I don't really know how to feel about it. I suppose I love it, because it's quite creepy and weird, but it's also romantic. So, I don't know.

Same goes for her attire. 

When she first begins work at the office, she dresses like a dork. But then the whole S&M thing starts happening, and she becomes kind of chic.

I feel like this movie is trying to tell me one of two things: either a) working in an office will improve your wardrobe decisions, or b) an S&M relationship will improve your wardrobe decisions. 

Whatever the case, I'm not willing to try it out. Office Psycho Chic is just not my thing quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was it stylish for you?