Friday, October 18, 2013

The Icon: Sarah Michelle Gellar in Scooby-Doo(s)

Head-to-toe purple is perfectly acceptable when chasing ghosts/ghouls/monsters.


Daphne Blake has been a style icon since the late 1960s. And if you're in your twenties like I am, chances are we all grew up watching the Scooby Doo cartoon and idolizing Daphne's purple dress, purple headband, purple shoes and green scarf (or was that just me?).

When the real-life Scooby-Doo (2002) film came out, I could hardly contain my excitement. I have literally been obsessed with the Scooby Doo cartoons since I was little, which is probably where my love of horror films stemmed from. Here it was. My favourite childhood TV show had come to life.

The film was a bit of a disappointment (even more so for the second one), as I was hoping for something genuinely scary. Or at least a little scary.

Thankfully though, Daphne never disappoints. Neither does her wardrobe. 

Daphne is a chick who kicks some serious monster-ass, whilst rocking a mini-dress and go-go boots. Could she do it in pants and combat boots instead? Sure, but that's not her. She's a girly girl at heart who likes to wear dresses, so that's what she's going to wear.

Props to her for working the catsuit and boots at the end of the first one for her battle with the wrestler. 

Halloween is less than two weeks away, and I've decided that this year I will have two costumes. I think Daphne may be my second.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Was it stylish for you?