"On Wednesdays, we wear pink."
Wednesday, April 30th, 2014. Remember this day.
Remember it not only because it has been 10 years since the release of one of the funniest, most quotable, most stylish films of all time, but because this day happened to land on a Wednesday. A Wednesday when we should all be wearing pink in honour of Mean Girls (2004).
There is not enough time in the day to soak-up the awesomeness of Mean Girls as a whole, thus shall we instead look back at all the wisdom regarding style that this particular rendition of Girl World has taught us?
- "You can't wear a tank-top two days in a row." - Repeat outfits are fine, but not two days in a row.
- "We only wear jeans or track pants on Fridays." - If you're going super casual, do it at the end of the week when your style-mind has overloaded with all the pressure of looking good during the week.
- "Sweat pants are all that fits me right now." - You know it's time to hit the gym when style has taken a serious hit.
- "You wouldn't buy a skirt without asking your friends first if it looks good on you." - Be an individual, be a trend-setter, but bear in mind, you may look like an art-freak. Second opinions from people who share your style values are always appreciated.
- "You can't join mathletes, it's social suicide!" - Geek-chic is a thing of the past.
- "Oh my God, I love your bracelet, where did you get it?" - Be careful with accessories.
- "I'm sorry people are so jealous of me, but I can't help it that I'm popular." - Haters will be haters, and you can't let the haters keep you from doing your (style) thang.
- "I saw Cady Heron wearing army pants and flip-flops, so I bought army pants and flip-flops." - Don't be afraid to take inspiration from stylish people around you.
- "She doesn't even go here!" - Remember to be mindful of your surroundings. Dress up or dress down, but be appropriate. You don't want to stick out of the crowd, looking like you're trying to fit in somewhere you don't belong.
- "It's like slang, from England." - Be inspired by different cultures.
- "Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it." - Embrace this with caution.
- "[The Plastics] are like teen royalty. If North Shore was US Weekly, they would always be on the cover." - Aspire to greatness.
- "She has two Fendi purses and a silver Lexus." - Have a trademark.
- "Check it out: Junior Plastics." - Inspire others with your style. You may leave a legacy behind with every style choice you make.
- "Own it." - Enough said.
Now GET IN LOSER, WE'RE GOING SHOPPING.