Monday, June 10, 2013

The Icon: Michelle Williams in My Week With Marilyn

Perhaps it's time to start dressing like an icon.


I really need to distance myself from this student-mentality that I've become accustomed to. Graduation is only a few weeks away, thus it is time to face a harsh reality: I may not be able to pull off the same clothes I used to.

Though I'm not even in my mid-twenties yet, I feel like I should start adjusting myself to a new way of thinking about style. Rather than going for mini-skirts and tight jeans, perhaps I should steer towards longer lengths and quality fabrics. 

They say that if you want to change your lifestyle, you should simply change the way you live. True, yes, but I think the same goes for your wardrobe. Dress the part, as they say.

My Week With Marilyn (2011) is a very good film, made even better by Michelle Williams's (a.k.a. Marilyn Monroe's) ensembles. This wardrobe is the ideal example for "dressing the part" (not that I'm aspiring to be like Marilyn Monroe. Just aspiring to have her style). It's sexy, elegant, mature and fun.

Now, if only I could find a job in which I could wear sunglasses and white kitten-heels all day. The search begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was it stylish for you?