Sunday, February 9, 2014

Fashion Fail: Charlize Theron in Young Adult


Is this my life?


There's something spectacularly frightening about Young Adult (2011). The film in itself is hardly spectacular, but the story of a divorced 30-something woman who writes a young adult fiction series, yet is still clinging on to her high school persona, somehow resonates fear within me. Why? Well, the only thing I could think of when I watched this was:  

Am I going to be wearing that Hello Kitty shirt when I'm 30? Will I worsen the situation by pairing it with tracksuit-bottoms and a matching hoodie? Or heaven forbid; will I wear UGGs?

One's future is never clear, and now more so than ever, I am unclear about where my future will take me.

Let's just hope it won't be back to my hometown, where I attempt to win back my married ex-boyfriend, whilst dressed like Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton circa 2006.

In terms of style inspiration, Mavis Gary (Charlize Theron) is the antithesis of it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Was it stylish for you?