Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Icon: Sissy Spacek in Carrie


It has come to that point in my life in which I must watch/read/write about countless (okay, like 20) horror films of the 1970s and 1980s.

That's right: the dissertation.

I have been reading so much about horror and "the Final Girl" that my eyes are about to bleed. So much feminism and gender confusion, and blood and revenge... But I love it.

The only thing I don't really love is that there really aren't any truly stylish horror films. I suppose you could consider some Hitchcock films, but those weren't so much about the films than they were about the era. Why can't there be a film that's like The Devil Wears Prada meets The Devil's Rejects? Or Sex and the City meets Scream?

I suppose one of the very few stylish moments in horror film history was in Carrie (1976). That prom dress was quite simple, but elegant nonetheless. And kind of reminds me of the pink Ralph Lauren dress Gwyneth Paltrow wore to the Oscars in 1999. Hmm...

Nonetheless, this is a list of my demands for Hollywood:

1) More quality slasher films.
2) Employ Patricia Field or Eric Daman to do the costumes for these films.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Was it stylish for you?